Monday, January 4, 2010

Happy New Year. Mon Jan 4, 2010

Happy New Year! The market has shrugged off some end of year weakness in the US and is up 10 points at 12.11 pm. Unfortunately I'm not feeling the best so I'm going to keep this to a minimum today.

4.12 Not the worst day to be feeling ill. I've spent most of the day on the couch watching cricket. The market itself has been in a quiet holiday mood and the early strength dwindled away before a little blip up in the match to leave us with a gain of 6 points.
I sold out half of my Arrow Energy which is 6,000 shares at an average of 424.33 for a gain of 1070 less costs of 32. I took advantage of a couple of strong days to lighten the load.



 I also sold out one third of the Lihir Gold long at 330 (v 318) which is 5,000 shares at 12 c for a gain of 600 less costs of 31 (costs are for the whole deal, ie buy 15k and sell 15k). The reasoning in Lgl is that it has had a few days to push through 331 and hasn't so far, therefore I'm taking some risk out of the position.


No comments:

Post a Comment