Thursday, December 24, 2009

Stationery village. Thu Dec 24

I'm continuing to indulge my inner nerd - although my kids tend to think of it as my completely out, screaming nerd - and this morning my crowning achievement is to have organised my stationery draw. I haven't achieved nerd stardom though, like Howard from the Mighty Boosh who built a stationery village. See this clip.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-gvZEB4s3-Y .
It's an early close today, a 2.10 pm finish giving most men in the financial industry time to do their Christmas shopping or alternatively drink for 5 or 10 hours and grab something at the convenience store on the way home.

I have no trades to report on today. I've done 2 scalping trades in the Spi and picked up a few hundred dollars but I haven't had a set up I've liked and although I've got a possibility in mind, I doubt whether there'll be enough time for it.

Gold bounced about 8 dollars overnight and is up the same in our time zone so Lihir is starting to pick up, it's up 7 at 324.

My other featured position is Csr. I bought 28,000 at 172 on Tuesday. It's a reversal type pattern, a spikey retracement after a slow sell off and since it has pushed on through the recent high, that's my minimum sort of target so I plan to sell half out by the close. I think it could continue a bit further so I'll run the rest through a small correction if necessary. Sold out 7,000 at 179 so far.
2.11 Sold the second set of 7,000 Csr at 176 (v 172) on the close. Up $490 on the first set, 280 on the second with costs for buying and selling (once complete) to be a touch over 30 dollars.

No comments:

Post a Comment