Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Not overly convincing. Wed Apr 14

At midday the Xjo index is up 0.5% which is a muted bounce after another small up night in the US which was followed by a good result from Intel after market. Alcoa was expected to drag the US indices down last night and there was early weakness which didn't stick.
My feature trade for today is a short position in Aristocrat, maker of gaming machines. They've been retracing from a big sell off since early December and I'm looking to sell into what I'm hoping will be a lower high. My stop will be just above that recent high at 473 so I've just sold a handful so far at 455 and I'd like to sell more a little higher so as to limit my risk.


3.50 It's a better performance now with the Xjo index up at 4993 having been as close to the magical number as 4997.
Aristocrat hasn't joined in though and I sold some more at 454 to be short at an average of 454.5.
Fortescue is back up to 535 and I sold out a third of my options at 34.5.

No comments:

Post a Comment