Friday, April 30, 2010

Bohemian rhapsody. Fri Apr 30

"Is this the real life? Is this just fantasy?" I'm trying to work out which of the alternate universes is the most plausible one. Sunny skies prevail in the US as their market recovered briskly on the back of domestic concerns but from an Australian perspective there's a lot of caution around and we seem to be reacting more to the Shanghai market recently as the Chinese apply the brakes more heavily than anticipated.
It's also difficult to blithely accept that the European troubles have been cleared up with last night's Greek rescue package. Personally, I'm tending to a bearish stance but genuinely trying to find any buying opportunities to counter my short positions.
To business: I'm out of the extra shorts in Bsl at 266 and 267 but still short the first lot. Also out of the Cgf trading short - got a few yesterday at 412 and the rest at 415. And the Mmx the other day were cut at 250. They haven't even had a dead cat bounce yet, they're down at 240.

I do have a new trade to feature today but, again, it's another short position, this time in property company, Stockland Group. I thought about shorting the new swing high earlier this week but was unconvinced. Now, I'm shorting a retracement from the rejection of that level. I've sold at 401 and 402 with a few more on the offer at 405. The stop is a couple of cents above 415.
4.01 pm Going into the closing match out the market has continued to drift although we should still post a gain. We're up 12 points now.
It's an interesting mental exercise to be in a trending market after having chopped around a lot lately. I'm finding I need to be slightly more aggressive in putting on positions because we're more likely to see only minor corrections in a good trend as opposed to the 61.8 to 80% range of pullbacks that have been common more recently.

No comments:

Post a Comment