Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Full up. Wed Aug 18

The market is still digesting yesterday's sneaky rally and we're down a couple of points at 11.18 am. There was an early rise on the back of US strength but Bhp's bid for US firm Potash has knocked it down 3.5% creating a headwind.
I sold out a few things early: Avo at 507, Lnc at 175 and Qan at 254, although I have rotated to some extent with a new long position in Wsa at 504.
I missed an opportunity to get long this last week when it snapped back dramatically after a few days of weakness. There have been two more days in a fairly narrow range and then a break of short term resistance at 502. My stop is just below short term support of 485 and the increasing momentum in the stock suggests to me that it can rally fairly quickly, perhaps to about 550.
















2.50 Nothing much has happened but it's an unsatisfying day, with a few positions moving against me. It seems like random noise but disappointing nonetheless.
I think Ozl is worth shorting; it's having a reversal day after squeaking up to a new high. I'm not sure whether to put on the short now or hope that we rally into the close - the market looks mildly bullish intraday - and maybe I'll do a bit of both. Here's the daily. Stop would be a little above today's high.

4.18 The Xjo closed down 2 points. I did short some Ozl, on a minor bounce, at 124.5 and also sold out of Pna at 59.5

No comments:

Post a Comment