Friday, October 22, 2010

Small beer. Fri Oct 22

I'm still on the sidelines, by and large, as I wait for the market to show its hand. The overnight session was choppy, although still grinding up, while resources were weaker again. Gold stocks might have completed their correction, there's some minor weakness here and there but no serious selling. I'm hoping for some buying opportunities early next week.
I have bought a few shares at 74 in gold/copper stock, Pna, as it continues to pull back towards support which I think is at 70. If it weakens further, I plan to buy some more at 72 or 73.













Kzl, a zinc stock, is in a similar state to Pna and I'd also like to buy some there. But I'd have to pay about 74 now with a stop around 68 so the risk/reward doesn't quite stack up yet. Looking for 72ish there.














It's 10.50 am and the index is up by 6 points. I suspect we'll have a short covering rally this afternoon. We're all expecting the worst and although it's October, it still hasn't happened.

1.57 pm Not a lot of change, the Xjo index is a little firmer, up 12.
No action yet on Kzl. Bsl found support at 210 again and I've gone long some Awe at 150 as they've reversed after making a minor new low. A very tight stop at around 145 to make up for this being a bottom picking exercise.
4.10 We did get some late buying and the index finished up 25.
I bought some more Pna at 74 and it strengthened a touch after that to close at 75. More next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment