Thursday, October 21, 2010

Still throwing dummies. Thu Oct 21

It was as you were last night with everything reversing. Fnarena's morning report is quite clear on a fairly murky situation.
The reaction in the first hour or so this morning has been quite muted with early gains largely gone. The Xjo chart looks ominous but is, nevertheless, above the breakdown level and in the middle of the trading range.

Ok. This is interesting. Blogger has updated its image uploads and I can no longer put charts here. It never occurred to me that inserting charts could be an issue because I know that the ASX provides price data free on a 15 minute delay. I pay, through my trading systems IRESS and Esignal, for live data and I suppose, now and then, there's information which may be slightly fresher than that but it seems trivial when you're looking at a market of thousands of stocks to worry about one or two random charts.
I'll look for a solution to the problem but until then, I'm a bit stuffed.

12.03 The market is up 15 points and I've made some progress with the uploading thing. It won't let me upload my own pictures and it's possibly something completely different to what I imagined.

2 pm This is a Bsl chart which has loaded correctly after some shenanigans. Advice I've had is that it should be sufficient to attribute the source of the charts which is IRESS.

 













I bought this earlier at 215 with a stop at around 204. It's near the bottom of the range with the sell down having lost momentum.

4.13 The market was unable to hold on to the gains and the Xjo finished down 2 points.
I feel strangely reluctant to put short positions on, although I have trimmed my longs to be quite minor. Even the new Bsl position is pretty small.
I guess my thought is that we're still in a trading range and that range is in the context of a firm market.
Also, the drawdown following on from some loose trading has made me want to just tighten everything up and wait till I feel in sync.

No comments:

Post a Comment