Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Normal service is resumed. Wed Sep 23

After a three day pause the trend resumes and the market is up 1.1% at 11.30 am. You may recall that I had 5 positions rather than the preferred 3 but fortunately they are all higher although I still face the problem of which ones to cut. I've sold a few Lnc and Lyc out so my dollar exposure isn't far over limits now. The Lnc selling price averaged 198 (v 178) and Lyc was 91 (v 84).
To add to the confusion I've got another attractive buy signal in Infigen. I've been watching this for a while and stopped out a week or so ago but the stock seems to have clearly broken out today.
There are supportive fundamentals for this breakout because although some analysts are neutral to slightly negative, a couple can see solid upside because of wind farms up for sale in the US which may sell for bullish prices. The weekly chart is breaking out too. So far I've bought about a third of a full position at 142. It's trading at 145.5 right now.

1.35 I'm out of Bly at 31.5 (v 30.5) as it's moving more slowly than I'd hoped and I need to reduce my portfolio size. Bought more Infigen to take my average up to 144.5. Lynas is in suspend now, until Friday morning possibly, as they plan to make an announcement regarding the China deal.

3.47 The market had another kick up in mid afternoon reaching a gain of about 71 points. It has continued to hover around below that and there is not a lot of action with my positions. Lnc fell away after the early gains although it's still up at 193.
I ran through some charts earlier in a desultory fashion as I'm full up and reasonably happy with my book. There are quite a few promising charts although I didn't see anything which I thought was definitely better than what I'm already in. I do like Awc and Pna quite a lot and I've got seller's regret over Bly.
In the end, I've succumbed again to a break of my limits and bought some Pna at 52.5. It's a clear break for this copper and gold producer and not a bad stock to be in with the US dollar continuing weak and copper and gold being two of the best hedges.

4.12 The Xjo index finished a point or so off its high. Part of the reason I'm extra long is that there's a good chance of a new high in the next day or so. The Xjo chart has some room to move to make another new high and get to the top of the trend channel.

No comments:

Post a Comment