Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Too early to tip. Tue Sep 1

The start of the month has brought a moderate recovery despite the US finishing down. They were responding to Shanghai's fall which we'd already seen so it makes some sort of sense.
A couple of my positions are having a more complex correction so I was too early to jump back into both Lynas and Infigen. I didn't get much of a chance to cut them so as I'm fairly confident that it is only a correction I'm holding on.

Paperlinx looked vulnerable early but is holding steady while Australand is trending strongly but choppily and has fallen 2.5 to 51, my entry point.

There's one new position in Tpi at 135. It has been out of favour for so long that even a good profit result and subsequent earnings upgrades were not enough to encourage analysts to improve their recommendations. There was a delayed reaction yesterday and after an early fall came to nothing, I jumped in.
I was thinking about buying another tranche at 137 but decided to wait.....it's now 143.

1.24 The market has chopped around since the early surge but is still up 13 points with the rest of the region - and especially Shanghai - holding on to small gains. Part of my approach, having realised that I was overtrading, is to get away from the screens as much as possible. I've been doing chores since about 12 and have missed very little.

2.56 It's a very choppy day and moderately firm still with the market up 21 points but none of my positions are performing except for Tpi, the new one, which is at 148. I've no room for any more positions and I'm still waiting to see how the older trades go.

4.12 Tpi was having a good surge so I decided to sell a few earlier at 146 and some more on the close at 152.5. I'm running most of them for a bit longer. The market pressed on to close up 35 points but my stocks were still flat to down except for Paperlinx which resumed and closed back up at 70.5.

No comments:

Post a Comment