Monday, April 11, 2011

Better start. Mon Apr 11

Well, it's a better start for me as I begin to get in step with the market's current rhythm. The gold longs are doing pretty well, as is the energy long in Linc in a minor way. Shorts in Tol and Tls are weak or flat and I'm also short Ipl and Sek now.
Not really sure about Ipl because the strength is in resources but it's a strange choppy chart and as a hedge for the rest of my book, it works ok, with a tight stop just above the last swing high. Short at 440.
Actually, it looks like the sort of thing where I could be stopping out by this afternoon....I hope not.













Sek looks a lot like Tol, with a five wave swing which looks complete. Short at 667 with a stop above the recent high.













I'm long another energy play now, Karoon. I was watching it this morning and there was a lot of stock offered just below the recent high so I was tossing up whether to buy into it when a large buyer hoovered up the lot at 730, 731. I chased it up and got set at an average of 735 as the vacuum sucked it quickly up to 750. It's at 745 now. It's a nice breakout, once more breaking back into the consolidation band which held through mid November into mid February. I think it can acclerate from here. Stop is around 715, 720.
11.38 I got my knickers in a twist over a few stocks last week, one of them was Intrepid where I cut a long on a minor technical break without giving it time and a couple of extra cents to consolidate. Iau recovered and has shot up today. I got a few shares in the low 220s after just missing out on the opening match. The stock is well bid and up 8% now at 231.

2.36 It's the ultimate V bounce; the Asx 200 is now clearly above February's high, just before the tsunami.

4.10 I managed to hang on to the gains as the day unfolded although the positions didn't really get on a roll. I'm still balancing longs and shorts so the net dollar exposure is flat.
The Asx 200 is closing on 5000 after a 30 point up day left the index at 4971.

No comments:

Post a Comment