Thursday, March 31, 2011

EOQ. Thu Mar 31

It's the final day of the first quarter and I'm relieved since the recovery rally has probably been accentuated as funds are happy to see the market higher. Since, I got out of my longs a couple of days ago, I've missed the latest push.
Over the last couple of years there has been an absence of window dressing on the final day, unsurprising since the authorities watch the action carefully. The focus is turning to the possibility of some minor weakness once April begins and the market is down 6 after 85 minutes of trading.

11.27 I got impatient with my long position in Lynas and put on a trading short without a sell signal. I've paid the price as the stock has resumed trading after a minor raising and announcement of a nice deal with Sojitz. The stock opened at 226 and I cut my short there. It went higher and pulled back but is holding around 227. Planned production is to be doubled and with first mover advantage, the picture looks very rosy for Lynas now. I hope to get a buying opportunity over the next few days.














I'm now short Boral. I was long this for 4 or 5 days and sold out at 505 when it was clear that the stock wasn't sought after. It has been tipping over slowly for a few days and has slipped below the low of the last two days. Short at 499 with a stop at around 510.

12.36 The Asx 200 is drifting around but is now up 6 with some bullish momentum remaining.

This week I've been completely preoccupied with organising an overseas trip for later in the year. When my concentration isn't focussed on the market it's quite easy to put on silly little trades and waste money. I'm paying attention today and can feel the difference which seems to mainly involve the quality of the looking....it's something like a cat hunting a mouse. Watching intently and yet, quite patient. I wish I could bottle it.

3.48 Actually, the concentration didn't last long since I've decided to do nothing much until the new quarter begins. The market has pushed on to a new high at 4846, up 24. I don't think it has a lot to do with window dressing, the intraday charts looked ready to go a little higher. More precisely, the window dressing is probably making itself apparent by a lack of selling into some mild strength.  

4.10 EOQ or end of quarter has arrived and the index has finished at 4838. December's close was 4745 so it's in keeping with the range trading market of the last year.

No comments:

Post a Comment