Thursday, March 3, 2011

The other shoe. Thu Mar 3

The US took a breather and changed little overnight. I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop and the index is down 3 after 80 minutes having shrugged off a minor, early rally. Gold was flat and I was concerned about my stocks but Rrl and Sbm are up a bit, down a bit, while Ncm has pushed up 27. I've sold a few Mar 3850 calls at 104.
I've also sold out half of my Ipl long at 444 as it rebounds after a surprisingly weak day yesterday and bought back a couple of Cgf at 494. Wsa has tickled up a few cents and I shorted more at 678.
All in all, it's been a morning for housekeeping.

1.36 Back to the office after a 2 hour absence to find the market unchanged. The Japanese and Chinese markets are up about 0.5% so, although I expect lower before too long, the Asx 200 could definitely push up a few points this afternoon.
While I was away I sold some Boral March 541 puts at 15 and then 19 (vs 9.5 buy price). I still have about half left and the stock is down at 530. There's some momentum to the selling and maybe the stock will drop into the 510-520 range. The low was 524 today.













Otherwise I've closed out a small Challenger short, buying the last at 491, because they go ex dividend tomorrow.

2.41 Second guessing myself in Ipl, deciding to get longer again buying Mar 450 calls at 11 as the stock pushes up to 448.













The index has added a few points in the last hour, up almost 10.

3.41 Good signs in Linc with sales through the Monday high and a buy signal. RBS started covering the stock and gave it a target of $3.25 with upside dependent on the development pipeline. Jobbed a few intraday but holding the core position.
4.04 Coming into the match on what has been a quiet day for me helped along by Linc's strong performance. The market is up 6 points and it doesn't look like moving much at 4.10 pm.
My book is fairly neutral dollar wise, although with a pro gold skew. I'm expecting the Xjo to push below yesterday's morning low of 4780, perhaps tomorrow. The 30 minute chart shows a choppy, gap filling retracement.

4.15 Ho hum, up 3 by the match.

No comments:

Post a Comment